Contacts is a very basic feature or any phone. It does not matter if you are using a smartphone or a normal feature phone. You always look for contacts and save the new number to contacts. Before we had cell phones, we use to keep telephone index and telephone directories with us where telephone directories were full of important phone numbers of your city and your personal telephone index was meant to keep a well-organized record of the phone numbers of your friends and dear ones. Similarly, on our smartphones, we can find contacts easily if they are well organized and managed. In this article, we will discuss how can you organize and manage contacts on your iPhone smartly.
1. Synchronizing contacts from other accounts:
If you have your contacts already on your other accounts such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo etc. then you can sync your contacts with your iPhone very easily. All you need to do is to add an account in contact settings. Here is how you can do this easily.
- Go to settings from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Now go to contacts and tap on Accounts. Next tap on Add Account.
- You will see a page on which you can choose from iCloud, Google, Yahoo etc. you can add an account from here to sync contacts
- Now you need to enter id and password for the selected account and after taping on Next your contacts on the selected accounts will be synced with your iPhone.
2. Managing contacts from iCloud:
If you find it difficult to manage your contacts from your iPhone screen, then you can do it from any computer using the web interface of iCloud. To proceed further for managing and optimizing your contacts via iCloud follow these steps.1. Go to the website www.icloud.com
- Go to the iCloud website
- Log in with your apple id and password.
- You will see different options such as find my Phone, photos etc. Choose contacts from these options.
- Here you can perform multiple tasks with your contacts. You can bulk delete them, you can create groups and move contacts to groups.
- To create a group click on + sign given at the bottom right of the side pane.
Once you have created a group you can simply drag drop your contacts into it.
- To delete contacts from the list you can click on settings icon is given in the same pane.
Here you can select multiple by Ctrl+Click and this method is helpful in deleting multiple contacts.
3. Using a third-party application to manage contacts on iPhone:
Unfortunately, there is no inbuilt feature which can help you do delete your duplicate contacts on iPhone. Alternatively, you can delete your duplicate contacts by using a third-party application. If you will go to iTunes store you will find lots of applications which claims to manage your contacts. Among these, we have found Tune up contacts application by Systweak software simple light and the best. Let us find out how you can get rid of duplicate contacts on your iPhone using this app.
- You can download the application for free from iTunes Store.
- When you will open the app it will ask you to run the scan for duplicate contacts.
- after the scan completes it shows you detailed results.
- Next, you can choose to auto clean duplicate contacts
That’s it. You have successfully removed duplicate contacts from your device and getting a well-managed contact list on your iPhone is that simple.
4. Manually Manage your contacts:
If you want to assign photos and ringtones to contacts, then you should simply go ahead to manage contacts manually. Select any of your contacts and tap on edit button here you will get an option to assign the ringtone, add photos, add email account with the contact. Which helps to identify people better when they are calling you.
This is how you can manage contacts on your iPhone and enjoy your well-managed phonebook. This will help you to identify and locate your contacts easily and quickly and leave you with a really handy phone book on your iPhone.