Are you would like to travel AC coach with sleeper coach fare, this is possible in IRCTC. As per the IRCTC policy, if AC coach ticket is available while preparing the chart, sleeper confirmed ticket will be automatically upgraded to AC coach. This is helpful for a sleeper coach waiting list ticket will be confirmed, this is priority based on the first confirmed ticket and who enabled the option in Auto upgrade while booking the tickets. Mostly this will be working less potential train routes like Coimbatore to Tuticorin.
How to enable IRCTC Auto Upgrade
- Login to IRCTC website
- Make the travel plan and select the available sleeper class then move to passenger list
- After fill, the passenger details enable the Consider for Auto upgradations option
- Then make the payment
Now your sleeper class coach ticket will be confirmed, you must check the PNR status before boarding the train. Sometimes you will be auto-upgraded to third AC coach if the AC coach ticket is vacant while prepared the chart.
If you book the ticket by the station, then you have to write “Yes” in “Do you want to be upgraded without any extra charge?” box. This features available in normal or tatkal ticket booking also. Please be note this process is automated, so you can’t raise any question about this upgrade process to IRCTC.
Latest posts by Jey Ganesh (see all)
- How to Setup Static IP in Windows Computer? - January 17, 2019
- Defend Yourself with Identity Protection Services - December 27, 2018
- How to Find and Remove the Duplicate Value in Microsoft Excel workbook? - December 3, 2018
- How to Create Facebook Page with Lot of Likes Immediately? - November 4, 2018
- 10 Best Advantages of using Snapchat over Skype - October 16, 2018