Hard Disk partition is important for Windows computer performance. Most of the computer hard disk partition in to two drives as ‘C’ and ‘D’. Typically in C drive many people using only system related applications and D drive maintain working files. If you would like to store your important files to separate drive, you can create virtual hard disk by sharing your existing hard Disk space in Windows 7, 8 computers.
How to create Virtual Hard Disk?
You can create virtual hard Disk in Windows 7, 8 Computers by doing following steps:
- Right Click on the Computer and select Manage
- Computer Management Window will be open Select Disk Management Under Storage Section
- Now Available Disk partition will be displayed
- Go to Right Side Actions Panel and click on More Actions
- Select Create VHD link
- Create and Attach Virtual Hard Disk window will be open
- Select the Drive which you would like to share the Space. You can mention any one of name as you desired. (ie: D:E.vhd)
- Enter the Virtual Hard Disk size as you desired, but this size should be available in Shared hard disk.
- Select Virtual Hard Disk Type as Fixed Size and click OK
- New unallocated Hard Disk will be created
- Right Click on the disk and select Initialize Disk
- Select the Unallocated Disk and Click OK
- Right Click on the Disk again and select New Simple Volume
- New Wizard window will be open, here you can Specify the volume Size, Assign Drive Letter and Format of Partition
- After finish the Wizard new partition will be add in your computer
Now you can use this Virtual hard drive to store your important files.
How to Remove Virtual Hard Disk?
1. Right Click on the Virtual Hard Disk and select Detach VHD
2. Now Virtual hard Disk will be Removed
You can also reattach the Virtual hard Disk by using Attach VHD menu in Right side Action panel.
Latest posts by Jey Ganesh (see all)
- How to Find and Remove the Duplicate Value in Microsoft Excel workbook? - December 3, 2018
- How to Create Facebook Page with Lot of Likes Immediately? - November 4, 2018
- 10 Best Advantages of using Snapchat over Skype - October 16, 2018
- How to Retrieve your Pen Drive Lost Space? - October 3, 2018
- 8 Ways to Effectively use LinkedIn - September 25, 2018